- Dr. Syed Masood Husain
- Assistant Professor
- Centre of Biomedical Research,
- SGPGIMS Campus, Raebareli Road, Lucknow 226014, INDIA
- Tel: +91-522-2495034, Fax: +91-522-266-8215
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Husain did his bachelors (B.Sc. Chem.) from Zakir Husain College, University of Delhi and masters (M.Sc. Org. Chem.) from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (2004). Then he moved to Germany for Ph.D. under Prof. Benrhard Wuensch, University of Muenster with the fellowship awarded by NRW Graduate School of Chemistry. During Ph.D. he worked on Asymmetric synthesis of substituted 3-benzazepines and their receptor binding studies. He obtained his Ph.D. from University of Muenster (2008). For post doc, Dr. Husain joined the group of Prof. Michael Mueller at University of Freiburg (2009-2012), where he gained experience in enzyme catalysis and worked on elucidation of biosynthetic pathways and chemo-enzymatic, biomimetic synthesis of natural products. After returning back to India, he joined the group of Prof. Yamuna Krishnan, Natianal Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore (2013-2014) and worked on the making of DNA conjugatable flouresnce sensor for the detection of in cellulo ROS. From March, 2014 he is working as an Assistant Professor at the Centre of Biomeidcal Research and exploring the interdisciplinary science covering chemistry and biology. The major aim of his research is to explore and understand the chemistry of biological systems and gain molecular level knowledge of complex biological processes, which can be useful from bio-medical perspective.
Awards and Fellowships (selective)
2016 Extra Mural Research Project by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India
2015 Young Scientist Fellowship by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
2008 NRW Graduate School of Chemistry fellowship for Ph.D., University of Muenster, Germany
- Unprecedented Role of Hydronaphthoquinone Tautomers in Biosynthesis (Hot Paper)
S.M. Husain, M. A. Schätzle, S. Lüdeke, M. Müller Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9806-9811.
- Tautomers of Anthrahydroquinones: Enzymatic Reduction and Implications for Chrysophanol, Monodictyphenone, and Related Xanthone Biosyntheses
M. A. Schätzle, S. M. Husain, S. Ferlaino, M. Müller J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 14742-14745.
- Biomimetic Asymmetric Synthesis of (R)-GTRI-02 and (3S,4R)-3,4-Dihydroxy-3,4-dihydronaphthalene-1(2H)-ones
S. M. Husain, M. A. Schätzle, C. Röhr, S. Lüdeke, M. Müller “” Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 3600-3603.